Website South Lanarkshire Council
One post will be based in the Motherwell Registration Office and the other post based in the Cumbernauld Registration Office for Births, Deaths and Marriages, you will report to the Registrar for that particular office.
- Possessing some relevant experience within a clerical role you will undertake a wide range of office work involving reception duties, dealing with the public both in person and by telephone and typing documents.
- Experience of dealing directly with the public in a customer focused environment is essential.
- To meet the demands of the service, you must be willing to work towards the certificate of proficiently in the Law and Practice of Registration in Scotland and thereafter to conduct civil marriages and other life events.
- You must also be willing to travel to other North Lanarkshire Registration Offices, and work evenings and weekends, as required.
- You will have excellent verbal communication skills and be able to maintain confidentiality appropriate to the post.
- With good written communication skills you will have working knowledge of Microsoft office packages, in particular word processing.
- After training, and with experience, you will be able to assist with the registration of births, deaths and marriages and area office functions.
Company: South Lanarkshire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A