ScotRail has played a critical role in keeping people moving during the pandemic, with services helping get key workers and others to where they need to be. There has been significant investment across the network to electrify lines, and on new and upgraded trains. This helped to deliver ScotRail’s highest ever score for customer satisfaction in the most recent National Rail Passenger Survey. With more than 5,000 employees, we are looking for people who are focused on our customers, to continue delivering the best possible service for people throughout the country.
- Safety in the rail industry is paramount and in the role of conductor you are responsible for the safety of customers on board our trains.
- You will carry our regular operational checks on train and at intermediate stations, you will also deal with any unexpected and/or emergency situation as they arise.
- Expect many different challenges as you put the customer first, growing through training that develops your confidence as a person and your long term security as an employee.
- They also ensure that all customers have valid travel tickets via full ticket checks and issuing tickets where necessary, handle cash and process payment card transactions.
- This role will involve assisting passengers with disabilities to board and alight trains and could involve the use of a portable ramp which weighs up to 15kg, the portable ramp may be required to be carried the full length of a train.
- They are responsible for communicating customer safety and journey information via regular public address announcements.
- They will help customers who may need special attention or assistance.
- Conductors patrol the train and are on hand to provide customers with information and support relating to their journey.
- Coupled with the ability to work well under pressure, and to think on your feet, particularly in disruptive situations.
- We are looking for a clear and confident communicator with excellent problem solving and team working skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Inverness, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A