At Eurostar we’re busy making Europe’s most loved travel experience better than ever. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, connected, cosmopolitan team that feels at home in four countries and shares the same goal – to create an experience for our passengers that’s always truly exceptional. Do you want to be part of this journey? An opportunity has arisen to join Eurostar as its HR Advisor. This is an excellent role for a true generalist to join a busy team, delivering a proactive and reactive HR service.
- Supports recruitment processes such as telephone screening, interviewing and assessment centres.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of HR policy training
- Will take accurate notes at HR meetings, including monthly trade union meetings
- Coaches and supporting managers on low level employee relations matters, providing appropriate guidance and documents as required (e.g. absence, conduct, performance)
- Assists in the review of existing HR policies, to ensure they align to the corporate values, best practice and relevant legislation.
- Champion Diversity and Inclusion awareness in the workplace and has a good understanding of GDPR, data processing and the need for confidentiality
- Manages early-stage absence cases, utilizing Occupational Health and other associated support groups, e.g. counselling, H&S.
- To demonstrate empathy, self-awareness, cultural sensitivity.
- Aptitude for interacting with all levels of staff and internal and external business partners using collaboration.
- Strong communication skills – a high level of listening, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- The ability to sensitively handle difficult conversations and situations.
- An approachable and supportive attitude towards colleagues.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace
- Knowledge of GDPR and a good understanding of data processing and confidentiality
- Minimal employment law/employee relations knowledge.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brentford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A