Work with sailors, coaches and support staff to identify individual psychological support requirements and deliver required support to identified BST sailors and coaches; in line with the Sailing What It Takes to Win model, sailing class strategies, and specific medal winning plans.
- Provide education to the National Junior, Youth and Development Squad sailors, coaches in psychological skill development, and how to appropriate and effectively use psychology services
- Work as part of the Psychology team, to input to the development of, and then the implementation of the Psychology strategy.
- Support a structured transition programme for athletes preparing to be promoted from Youth into the British Sailing Team
- Deliver individual, group and class tailored psychological support and education, ensuring that the delivery effectively meets its commitments to supporting training objectives of sailors, coaches and the British Sailing Team
- Assist coaches and programme managers to develop an effective culture and training ethos within National Junior, Youth and British Sailing Squad sailors to ensure that the sailors are adequately prepared to progress into WCP performance environment.
- Deliver in-competition psychological support from identified domestic and international locations at major regattas
- Work collaboratively with Performance Lifestyle and Performance Psychology practitioners to promote positive mental health, enhance psychological wellbeing and support athlete welfare, including regular screening and assessment to promote proactive support and engagement
- Work with members of the BST Psycho-social Team to develop and evolve the BST Mental Health strategy and education programme across the British Sailing Team and British Sailing Squad in line with the Mental Health and Elite Sport Action Plan (2018)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A