Are you an Assistant Project Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity? The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to join the Superintendent Upkeep Submarines (SUSM) Team based out of the impressive waterfront location HMNB Devonport. At the SDA, we are an integral part of UK Defence supporting our Nuclear Submarines; responsibilities include procurement, in service support and disposal. Our work is of unparalleled strategic importance, delivering some of the most technically complex programmes in Defence. This progressive and dynamic opportunity will see you working on the planning and execution of maintenance and upkeep projects for our impressive, cutting-edge fleet of Astute-Class Submarines. You will work hand in hand with our industrial partners ensuring the delivery of crucial and significant projects to our customer; Navy Command.
- Conduct internal and external stakeholder analysis work to identify and understand their requirements, interests and influences.
- Proactively manage the development of your career plan.
- Support an open, transparent, no blame culture, proactively highlighting failures and shortfalls to the Deputy Project Manager, advising of learning from experience or mitigations.
- Manage risk, assumptions, issues, dependencies and opportunities for simple projects or support in the development of these elements for larger projects proactively engaging with wider teams.
- Understand and demonstrate the contractual obligations and the role of suppliers to meet a project’s requirements.
- Develop and control relevant project documentation from project plans, schedules, status reports and risk registers to deliver specific project outputs within an established baseline, measuring progress via monthly drumbeat, explaining variances and taking corrective action.
- In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Stakeholder Management – Supervised Practitioner
- Controlling a Project – Supervised Practitioner
- Working together
- Managing a quality service
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience of undertaking project management work.
- Ability to undertake and learn the necessary skills leading to APM PMQ.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A