Website London Borough of Camden
In Camden we are committed to working together to make our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. Partnership with our communities is central to the way we work, so that everyone can access opportunities and nobody gets left behind. This role will contribute to the delivery of Health and Safety function(s) within the Health and Safety Team including managing effective investigation and resolution of cases.
- You will be self-directing; taking responsibility for your own learning and development and confidently identify opportunities for innovation to improve the service.
- You will also get involved in projects that improve the services response to risk reduction and the impact of non-compliance on the community.
- Taking the lead for developing, implementing and enforcing policies in connection with the health and safety function.
- The Health and Safety EHO will be the responsible authority for public safety for licensing and will share this role with the Principal Officer.
- Responsible for investigating and managing a varied caseload, including carrying out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- You’ll deliver appropriate interventions and keep abreast of all relevant new and draft legislation, advice, regulations, training updates and other developments relevant to delivering the Council’s Health & Safety service.
- To succeed, you will bring a track record of working collaboratively with internal and external partners, demonstrating good customer care and communicational skills to identify innovative
- Deal with difficult cases; effectively resolving and deliver innovative interventions, prepare legislative documentation, report and recommend enforcement action as well attending court.
- Creative approaches to complaints and Camden objectives.
- You will have a good knowledge/understanding of the legislative framework relevant to the team and experience in its application to casework in order to
- You will have the ability to take an organized approach to own workload whilst dealing with conflicting priorities and to ensuring a customer service focused approach.
Qualification & Experience:
- You will hold a BSc/MSc or Diploma in Environmental Health and hold the EHRB Certificate of Registration/Diploma in Environmental Health
- Hold competency in health and safety in accordance with the Health and Safety competency framework with recent experience of delivery and training for role requirements.
Company: London Borough of Camden
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chiswick, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A