Website Bristol Airport
We’re a business where having the right systems and technology in place is critical to our success. Without the right technology infrastructure in place and operating perfectly, planes don’t fly. The IT Business Analyst is a pivotal role, supporting the effective delivery of IT Services and transformation projects through the accurate capture and evaluation of business needs, and close collaboration with all key stakeholders.
- Reviewing and updating requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution, ensuring traceability of decisions and related changes.
- Managing the requirements baselines once established with the capability areas.
- Supporting production of business cases, plans and delivery of products that support and enable the realisation of business benefits.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts such as developers, solution and technical architects, to establish the technical vision, and analysing trade-offs between usability and functional performance.
- Participating in agile meetings, sprint planning, stand-ups, demos and retrospectives.
- Ensuring all projects follow required project standards and procedures, and documenting the results of business analysis including workflows, obtaining sign-off from clients on the agreed current and target processes or solutions.
- Capturing, interpreting and mapping complex business user requirements using a range of analysis techniques, evaluating and refining as appropriate, and justifying requirements/enhancements.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement to projects and methodologies where they will add value to the business.
- Identifying and delivering successful business analysis within different business change frameworks and environments such as Agile, Waterfall, projects and programmes.
- Strong project planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload, managing competing deadlines and resources whilst adhering to strict deadlines
- Experience within a Business Analyst role coupled with solid technical/IT understanding and a working knowledge of IT roadmaps and their impact on the broader business.
- Proven experience of defining software requirements for complex projects, with the ability to understand complex technical concepts and present them in simple terms to non-technical teams.
- Experience of working with Agile practices and associated skills including user story writing.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively interpret clients’ business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand, appreciate and adapt to different working styles and patterns to get the most out of the team and project contributors.
- Experience of eliciting requirements by facilitating workshops, interviews, and through managed stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels, and bring technical concepts to life to a non-technical audience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Comprehensive experience of MS Office, MS Project, Visio, JIRA and Agile tools, and ideally Archimate and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Professional qualifications such as an IT-related degree, PRINCE2, or BSC Business Analysis qualifications would be useful, but are not essential for candidates with strong relevant experience.
Company: Bristol Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A