Website Bristol Airport
Our PMO team manage large, complex change programmes across all aspects of the Airport. As a Programme Management Business Partner, you will support our PMO Manager to deliver major work programmes that cut across different departments, collaborating with experts across the business to ensure successful outcomes. This particular role involves contributing towards programmes in the Infrastructure and Digital area, encompassing Development (Civils & Buildings construction), Engineering and IT.
We are looking for someone with experience in contributing to the management of high value programmes at Business Partner level, with strong commercial and organisational skills, and a track record of working on the delivery of multi-million pound schemes of work, ideally within the construction, civils or infrastructure sectors.
- Collaborating with Project Managers to ensure management and escalation of programme risks, issues and change requests.
- Working with Project Managers to optimise benefit delivery throughout the programme lifecycle.
- Participating in the weekly Performance Delivery Group (PDG) to identify where interventions may be required in both the short and long term, as well as any associated capex /opex implications.
- Collaborating and engaging with stakeholders to ensure success and increase the Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3) maturity within the business.
- Forecasting and monitoring delegated budgets, ensuring effective use, monitoring and control of financial resources.
- Working in line with Bristol Airport’s internal governance framework to ensure all reporting, governance and quality assurance is in place.
- Collaborating with functional leads to identify and allocate appropriate resources to project teams, ensuring that all team members understand and have capacity to fulfil their roles.
- Supporting the PMO Manager with the delivery of a programme of capital investment projects (value £5m to £30m) ensuring the programmes align with our strategic objectives and values.
- Ensuring programme and project documentation is maintained as per internal standards and quality control procedures.
- Supporting the development of the portfolio, programme and project management systems to digitally transform the way P3M3 is controlled.
- Working alongside Project Managers to ensure programme alignment with regulatory and corporate processes such as data protection, aerodrome regulations etc.
- Monitoring project programmes, ensuring alignment of expectations within the organisation together with resource availability, ensuring all programme stakeholders are fully involved and informed.
- Coordinating and facilitating the Small Investment Board (SIB), Project Investment Board (PIB), and Opex Governance Board (OGB).
- Fully or partially completed MSP/APM qualifications or equivalent would also be advantageous, but are not essential.
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels.
- Motivated to drive continuous improvement, with a strong willingness to learn and identify new ways of working.
- Programme and project management skills, gained as a major programme contributor as a report to Programme leaders.
- Ability to successfully manage competing demands and resources whilst adhering to strict deadlines, coupled with excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong commercial understanding, financially astute with evidenced procurement and budget management experience.
- Independent, curious, and driven to understanding the business to devise strategic solutions to challenges and changes encountered.
- Competent and confident with IT, and a variety of software applications
- Experience in the Airports, transport infrastructure, civils or construction sectors would be ideal, but isn’t essential.
Company: Bristol Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A